EASY START WALKING PROGRAMME
Please note that you are strongly advised to consult your GP before undertaking any new exercise programme.
Designed by Rosemary Conley Diet and Fitness Clubs, the following programme has been designed to get you started.
- Choose three non consecutive days in the week.
- Plan to walk for a maximum of 15 minutes at a moderate pace on fairly flat ground each time.
- Stick to three days in the week.
- Still only walk for 15 minutes, but if you feel you can, try and pep it up a bit – then you may be able to walk a bit further in the same time as you did in week one.
- Increase to four days now.
- Aim to walk for 20 minutes each time.
- Start to think about a longer stride and with more purpose.
- You should feel very warm at the end of it.
- Stick to four days but maybe change the route – a bit more uphill will add to the challenge.
- Aim to walk for 25 minutes.
- It really begins to feel like a proper workout now.
- Increase to five days now and stick with the 25 minutes.
- If you use a step meter (pedometer), you will find that the increase in the number of steps you take is very motivating.
For information about Rosemary Conley Diet and Fitness Clubs,
please visit www.rosemaryconley.com